Friday, May 06, 2011
STEAMERS' CLOSES, TASTY BUDDHA ADDS A STORE
I am very sorry to read a tweet from the Gainesville Sun that Steamers has closed for good. According to the article, the restaurant, in business in Gainesville since the early 80's, is owned by the same people who own Buddha Belly on 16th Ave. BB will change its name to Tasty Buddha and a second store will open under the same name in the old Cabana Cove location behind Garden Gate Nursery on 43rd Street.
Steamers did not have a long term lease and needed to be upgraded. The owner is quoted in the tweet as saying he did not want to renovate considering his lease is presently month to month.
Many students have enjoyed the loose burgers there and, more recently, the stir fried dishes served in generous quantities. My wife and I ate there on Sunday, their last day, and no one mentioned the impending closing.
Steamers will be missed and has been one of my go to local treats for years. Bon voyage, Steamers.
- Read this article on the health benefits of strawb...
- OPEN HOUSE AT PAYNES PRAIRIE VISITORS CENTER TOMOR...
- FRUIT TREES, SEEDS, AND EDIBLE SALE THIS WEDNESDAY...
- SLOW FOOD GAINESVILLE SHOWS OFF CEDAR KEY'S CLAM I...
- Link to article in the Gainesville Sun on Steamers...
- STEAMERS' CLOSES, TASTY BUDDHA ADDS A STORE
- ▼ May (6)
- ► 2010 (47)
- ► 2009 (37)
- ► 2008 (41)