Sunday, May 08, 2011
SLOW FOOD GAINESVILLE SHOWS OFF CEDAR KEY'S CLAM INDUSTRY
We participated in a tour of the Cedar Key clam industry beginning with the clam research facility at the FWC Marine Lab and ending with a wonderful potluck featuring local clams. Thanks to Russ and Peg Hall for hosting us all and cooking up some fabulous clams. Many thanks as well to Leslie Sturmer from IFAS for her talk about the local clam industry and the tour of her "clam shack" research lab.
If you are interested in learning more about Slow Food Gainesville:
2. sign up for their Google group at bottom of their web page
3. Look for their group on Facebook
4. Or come to my blog (www.jimmyconner.blogspot.com) as I post their missives and have a link for them as well.
For more information on this aquaculture industry: http://shellfish.ifas.ufl.edu/
- Read this article on the health benefits of strawb...
- OPEN HOUSE AT PAYNES PRAIRIE VISITORS CENTER TOMOR...
- FRUIT TREES, SEEDS, AND EDIBLE SALE THIS WEDNESDAY...
- SLOW FOOD GAINESVILLE SHOWS OFF CEDAR KEY'S CLAM I...
- Link to article in the Gainesville Sun on Steamers...
- STEAMERS' CLOSES, TASTY BUDDHA ADDS A STORE
- ▼ May (6)
- ► 2010 (47)
- ► 2009 (37)
- ► 2008 (41)