Monday, June 16, 2008

ALL MY ROADS LEAD TO NEW ORLEANS




As far as I am concerned all of my culinary roads lead to New Orleans' cuisines.




I heartily recommend that you read the dining column in the New Orleans Times-Picayune located at www.nola.com/dining. Judy Walker, the food editor, and Marcelle Bienvenu (pictured above respectively) have long written rich articles on their local cuisines and their works printed in the local paper always amaze me and remind why I love the cooking of Louisiana.

As New Orleans reconstructs its infrastructure its library of recipes is also being remembered and re-collected by hook or crook. Many recipes were lost in the flood and, through the efforts of Walker and Bienvenu, people around the country have tapped into their files, notes, and shoeboxes to provide those missing links to New Orleans that could have been lost forever.

I have just subscribed to their weekly e-mail newsletter and I am relieved that I will not lose touch with their efforts and take on Louisiana cuisine.

No comments: