Sunday, May 25, 2008

I AM A DYED-IN-THE-WOOL CUSTOMER OF STUART'S SPICES IN ROCHESTER NY








You may be wondering why someone writing a food blog from "deep in the heart of Florida" is writing about a spice company located just south of the Canadian border.



The answer is easy (albeit with background info added).



Nearly three years ago, I married my wife, Sue, who is originally from Rochester, New York. We often head north to her house that she owns there. The region's landscape, architecture, ethnic cuisines, and fabulous music scene are jewels for joy even in summer or winter.



The Rochester Public Market is the crown jewel. The market is a smorgasboard of fresh fruits and vegetables, seafood, etc. and is a first stop for me when I hit town. I walk the long aisles in complete amazement at the variety and quality of produce sold there.



While first shopping at the market, I had the good fortune to come across Stuart's Spices located in a stall near the entrance to the market area. Stuart and his wife are the finest of people. They are religiously faithful, ethical, perfectionists, and hard-working. They take great pride in their small business that sells hand-produced spices and extracts and, in my opinion, are the type of business people that has made our country great.



Quality drives their business and their spices are always fresh and pungent. I rarely buy any other spices and pick mine up when in Rochester or over the internet (http://www.stuartsspices.com/).



Fine cooking must have fresh ingredients of the highest quality. You will get nothing but that when you buy their products. I guarantee it.



Click the arrow on the two videos with this post to see Stuart's Spices and views of the market.







No comments:

Blog Archive