Wednesday, October 08, 2008

ARTICLE IN TODAY'S NEW YORK TIMES ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL FARMER COOPERATION AND PRODUCTS IN SMALL RURAL AREA

Am very busy with local and national political campaigning in my area. I will be brief.

I thought you all might be interested in the following article from today's New York Times on local development of agriculture products in a small Vermont community. As energy prices rise, pocketbooks shrink, and need for healthy foods is maintained, I think these activities should be expanded around our country. Many lessons can be learned from these innovative Vermonters.

I intend to urge my own local political party organization to play a greater role in advocating sustainable local agriculture that is low or pesticide free. Advocacy for these types of business activities is something that both political parties should encourage and foster.

Give it a read and think it over.

Uniting Around Food to Save an Ailing Town - NYTimes.com

No comments: